Tutorial ~ festive bunting

GP

Today I’d like to introduce you to the first of our guest posters. . . the lovely Clare of Clare’s Craftroom.

clare

I’ve been lucky enough to have known Clare for many years. . . first through business, then blogging and now as a valued member of my mentor group. . .  those of you who have read my book The Creative Mumpreneur will know the importance I place on that.

I think Clare’s business name ‘Clare’s Craftroom’ sums up her business perfectly ~ she’s the eternal ‘Queen of Craft’ and you never know what inspiring technique or medium she’ll turn her hand to next. Many of you will already know Clare from her daily crafty titbits on her Facebook page or perhaps you follow her blog, but if you haven’t already met Clare, please pop on over and say ‘hi’.

Thanks for guest posting today Clare.

SANTA_(1)

How great to be part of Kerryanne’s Simply Christmas again.

Thanks so much for for having me here. My small contribution for this years festivities is some very simple bunting.

clip_image001

I was lucky enough to find some Christmas tablecloths in my local op shop, but you could sort through your stash and use up leftover Christmas fabric to make multi coloured bunting .

I first made a template from cardboard 7" sides x 7.5" top.

clip_image002

Trace around the template on doubled fabric.

Cut out on the lines.

clip_image003

Stitch around the sides using 1/4" seam allowance leaving the top open.

Trim the pointy bit.

clip_image004

Turn your flag right side out and trim the little triangles that poke out.

Use a blunt skewer and push the base of your flag to make your point nice and sharp.

clip_image005

Press all your finished flags.

Make yourself some binding in a contrasting colour. The length is determined by how many flags you would like to make or where you are going to hang your gorgeous bunting.

I made my binding about 3m long. For this bunting I cut strips of white fabric about 2.5 ". Press them in half. Open them out and fold over and then press the edges into the centre, press again.

clip_image006

Pin your flags with the open tops inside the binding. Leave about 60cm at end end for hanging your bunting. Stitch along the whole length.

Hang your beautiful bunting and enjoy !

Wishing you all a simply beautiful Christmas.

clip_image007

If you haven’t already entered the Simply Christmas $100 VISA giveaway. . . you can do so here.